Faranda Hotels & Resorts’s Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
Faranda Hotels & Resorts
Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
Move back several decades and imagine pirates trying to conquer the beautiful city of Cartagena due to the splendor and strategic location; a great treasure On top of the old San Lazaro Hill is the majestic San Felipe de Barajas Castle . Thanks to this structure you can visualize any suspicious movement of the enemies and be prepared for any attack.
As soon as you see this magnificent fortification magnification, full of mystery, stories and legends, understood why it is on the list of World Heritage Sites and is one of the seven wonders of Colombia .
Dare and get lost in the tunnels full of history, be careful with its slopes and traps; It is an adventure. Once at the top, we experience the sensations experienced by those who defended the castle: an inexplicable air of victory.
Here you have some curious facts about this emblematic fortification:
· It was built in 1657 during the time of the Spanish colony by Spanish military and African slaves. This construction was a synonym for power and supremacy.
· It was built with bricks and rocks, it is forty meters above sea level.
· It was built to protect the city of Cartagena. From the castle you could see any suspicious movement of the French and English enemies.
· The construction lasted approximately 2 centuries!
· San Felipe Castle was built from top to bottom. Contrary to what many people think, the highest part of the Castillo de San Felipe was the first to be built, it was built upside down!, And it is called "bonnet" because of its resemblance to the four-pointed hat they used at the time.
Today, you can admire pieces of war that are still posted in their original places. When you arrive at the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas you will feel a mixture of emotions and sensations, it is like traveling in a time machine to the past. Learn more about its history, join the 600 thousand people who visit annually and marvel at its tunnels, canyons and batteries that tell the story of many battles. The past is still alive! Now live the experience with the Hotel Caribe by Faranda Grand .